#chemicals & waste #SAICM #SDGs #sustainable development #China
While France is
planning to prepare inventory of chemicals in consumer products, China's
National Registration Centre for Chemicals (NRCC) has launched a new "integrated information platform" in August that
allows searches for hazardous chemical registrants and their registered
products. After the trial stage which ends on October 2019, it will be fully
The platform provides information on:
- classifications for chemicals, listed in the Catalogue of Hazardous Chemicals; and
- GHS classifications and characteristics.
- information on policy and regulations;
- information on emergency response technical support services;
- reports on accidents; and
- educational videos in Chinese.
Association 3 Herissons hopes it could be another positive milestone in Chinese chemical management, as well as contribution towards global effort of sound management of chemicals and wastes.
For more information, please see the Chemical Watch report.