#ocean #GESAMP #IMO #pollution #sustainable development #plastic
(Joint Group of Experts on the Scientific Aspects of Marine Environmental
Protection) will host its 45th annual session of meeting in FAO
(Food and Agriculture Organization) headquarter in Rome, September 17-20, 2018.
GESAMP serves as an important science-policy interface in the area of marine environmental protection. Association 3 Herissons has read some of its very credible and influential reports, particularly those on micro-plastics.
Topics to be discussed in this session will include:
- Atmospheric Input of Chemicals into the Oceans
- Evaluation of the hazards of harmful substances carried by ships
- Review of Applications for 'Active Substances' to be used in Ballast Water Management Systems
- Global trends in pollution of coastal ecosystems
- Sources, fate and effects of plastics and microplastics in the marine environment
- Marine Geoengineering
- Impacts of wastes and other matter in the marine environment from mining operations, including marine mineral mining
For more details please refer to the GESAMP 45 session website. We sincerely wish for a fruitful discussion!